About PARADISE ENVIRONMENTS
Paradise Environments has built its reputation on delivering successful landscape and waterscape projects throughout the Central Coast. (California State Contractors License 480956 | C-27 and C-53)
- Our History
- Our Team
- Our Products and Services
- 10 Reasons Our Customers Love Us
- Memberships, Organizations & Certifications
For a better idea of what we do, take a look at our pool and landscape photo galleries. If you have any questions regarding our company or what we can do for you, e-mail us or give us a call. We look forward to answering your questions.
Paradise Environments was started in 1982 by George and Stacey Elliott. We started out as a landscape maintenance company and then received our landscape contractor’s license in 1985. In 1986 George was certified by the Toro Corporation as an Irrigation designer and has since become certified in Gravity wall construction, Aqua-Scape pond and waterfall installation, and Faux Rock installation by “Rock & Water” Inc.
In 2003, frustrated with the lack of swimming pool contractors in our area, George obtained his swimming pool license in an effort to simplify the process for both himself and his clients. He has since successfully completed the necessary courses to achieve Registered" status with the Genesis Design Group "Society of Watershape Designers." George has also obtained and received his official CBP® (Certified Building Professional) through The Association of Pool and Spa Professionals, a.k.a. the APSP.
We are truly a family-owned business. Husband George and wife Stacey and son Xander are all actively involved in our projects every day. In fact, Xander is our project supervisor for pools and landscapes and is on the job all day every day. He also is involved in the Genesis 3 program and has completed training in the plumbing, electrical and high efficiency equipment facets of the pool industry. He has been involved with the business since high school and has been full-time since 2005.
Our Landscape foreman for nearly 20 years, Jorge specializes in hardscape installations and is a certified paver installer and a very accomplished stonemason. His stone expertise encompasses everything from drystack walls to flagstone patios.
Our Maintenance Foreman, Tony, has also been with us for nearly 20 years, and has had experience in both the landscape installation as well as the landscape maintenance fields. He has had extensive training in irrigation troubleshooting, water auditing and is well-versed in pest identification and eradication.
We value our relationships with our customers and every member of our team.
We provide all of the following products and services to homeowners in the central California area:
- Arbors, Decks & Hardscapes
- Fireplaces & Firepits
- Grills & Outdoor Cooking Areas
- Landscape Design & Build
- Landscape Maintenance
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Outdoor Living
- Outdoor Lighting
- Ponds and Pondless Water Features
- Swimming Pool Design & Construction
It’s no surprise we’ve grown to be such as well-respected pool and landscape company in central California, when you consider all of these advantages:
- The Total Backyard Package – We’re not just a pool builder or a landscape contractor. We tackle the entire backyard, from pool to landscape to outdoor kitchens, fireplaces, firepits, cabanas, pergolas and more. That’s why we’re called “Paradise Environments,” and not just “Paradise Pools.”
- Experience - We've got more than 10 years of training with the Genesis3/Society Watershape Designers group, and more than 35 years in the swimming pool / backyard environments industry. As a result, we’ve seen and done just about everything. You won’t have to worry about us “learning on the job” in your backyard.
- Extensive Referral Record – More than three-fourths of our business is from referrals and repeat business. That’s sure-fire proof that our customers are delighted with our work.
- Environmentally conscious, Earth-Friendly design and construction. We specialize in using sustainable materials, native plants, rainwater collection, gray water reuse, and LEED certification.
- 100% Custom Designs - We don't build cookie-cutter pools or landscapes. We start with a blank sheet of paper and combine your dreams with our vision and expertise. We then create a design that's everything you've been looking for, and more. Our goal is to make you go "Wow!"
- In-house Craftsmen – We’re not at the mercy of third-party contractors, like most other pool builders. We have a dedicated team of excavators, masons, tile setters and other craftsmen. Your project stays on schedule because we're in control of everything.
- Low-Maintenance, Energy-Efficient Construction – From oversized plumbing and filters to energy-efficient pumps, lights and heaters - a pool from Paradise Environments costs less to own and takes less time to maintain.
- Maintenance After-The-Fact – We don’t walk away when the job is done. With our in-house service and landscape maintenance personnel, we can take care of your landscape for as long as you like. Have a question? We’re always available.
- Member of CLCA - (the the California Landscape Contractors Association and member of APSP (the Association of Pool and Spa Professionals). Did you know that less than 20% of the pool builders in North America will take the time or effort to join the only national organization designed to manage the standards and ethics of all pool builders. We are one of the select few that do!
- Certified Building Professional (CBP®) - It’s hard to believe that more than 95% of all pool builders won’t bother to get certified on “how to properly build a pool or “how to properly maintain and service a pool.” We’re part of that rare 5% that’s certified.
The APSP is the world's largest international trade association representing the swimming pool, spa, hot tub and recreational water industries. APSP is the leading industry advocate promoting professional best practices through education, industry standards, and safety.
APSP members adhere to a code of ethics in business and technical practices and share a strong commitment to the safe, healthful, and enjoyable use of industry products.
The APSP effectively replaced another well-known industry organization known as “National Pool and Spa Institute” or NSPI in 2006.
More information at: The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals
All members of The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals agree to be dedicated to and to comply with the following ethical principles and policies:
- To contribute to the health, safety and welfare of the public in the design, manufacture, installation, maintenance and operation of swimming pools, spas and hot tubs by complying with all applicable laws, ordinances or regulations and refraining from engaging in fraudulent or deceptive acts or practices.
- To hold all necessary federal, state and local licenses, registrations and permits.
- To hold legally required liability insurance, workers’ compensation insurance, and bonding.
- To respect and not infringe upon the intellectual property rights of others and to refrain from using the property of others without their prior, written consent.
- To advertise products, services and prices truthfully and consistently with all federal, state and local advertising practices requirements.
- To establish prices in a manner that does not involve collusion with a competitor and to clearly communicate such prices to potential customers or clients prior to providing such products or services.
- To provide written sales agreements when such are requested by customers or required by law.
- To comply with the terms of all agreements, oral or written, regarding the provision of products or services.
- To respond to any consumer complaints made to any governmental authority, Better Business Bureau or equivalent nongovernmental authority.
- To exclude from company ownership or senior management any person or entity who or which, within the past three (3) years, has been convicted of or pleaded no contest (or its equivalent) to any felony or other crime involving business or financial practices.
- To use the APSP name, logo and other intellectual property only when and as permitted by APSP, and to cease all such use upon suspension from or termination of membership in APSP.
- To file a complaint with APSP regarding a potential violation of this Code of Ethics only when in possession of credible evidence of such potential violation.
- To cooperate fully with any APSP investigation of a potential violation of this Code of Ethics.
- To encourage utilization of APSP educational offerings as a means of enhancing the professional skills and business integrity of APSP members and their employees
The BBB is a private, non-profit organization whose mission is to promote and foster the highest ethical standards between companies and their customers in the areas of:
- Dependable Service
- Honesty In Advertising
- Honest Business Practices
- Reliable Complaint Handling Procedures
Examples of services provided by the BBB are Business Reliability Reports, Dispute Resolution, Truth-in-Advertising, Consumer and Business Education and Charity Review.
To be a member of the BBB, an applicant must:
- Be invited to apply for membership by a staff person or Director of the Bureau.
- Be actively engaged in business, in the BBB's service area, for no less than 6 months.
- Supply background information about the company, its principals or other information deemed essential to the BBB.
- Cooperate with the BBB's activities and efforts to promote voluntary self-regulation within the business industry.
- Adhere to established BBB standards of advertising and selling, including the Code of Online Business Practices for online businesses that apply for the BBBOnLine Reliability logo, and cooperate with the BBB in matters relating thereto.
- Promptly respond to any and all complaints forwarded by the BBB, and make good faith efforts to resolve all such complaints in accordance with generally accepted good business practices.
- Comply with any decisions rendered through the Bureau's or an alternative provider's binding arbitration program.
- Eliminate the underlying causes of patterns of consumer complaints that the BBB may call to the company's attention.
- Be free from an unsatisfactory report at the BBB in whose service area the company is headquartered.
- Be free from any governmental action concerning the marketplace and its customers that demonstrates a significant failure of the company to support the principals and purposes of the BBB.
- Support the principles and purposes of the BBB and not engage in any activity that reflects unfavorably on the BBB and its members.
- Refrain from using the name or logo of the BBB for commercial, sales or advertising purposes in any manner not specifically authorized in writing by the BBB.
- Promptly notify the Bureau of any changes in ownership, licensing status, addresses, telephone numbers, web site and any other information deemed necessary by the Bureau.
- Fulfill all licensing and bonding requirements of applicable city, county, state and federal agencies and authorities, and provide license numbers upon application for BBB membership and provide periodic updates on request of the BBB.
Businesses earning the right to be included in this organization have a strong reputation of taking care of their customers. More information at: Better Business Bureau.
A Certified Building Professional® is an individual who has passed all the rigorous requirements of the APSP’s Certified Building Professional® training program. Graduates of the course learn the skills and value system pertaining to high ethical standards, commitment to the highest standards of workmanship and construction, business stability, and superior customer relations. After completion of the training, all graduates must complete continuing education requirements on an ongoing basis in order to maintain their CBP® certification.
(The California Landscape Contractors Assoc.)
The California Landscape Contractors Association is a non-profit trade organization of licensed landscape and landscape-related contractors. CLCA's mission is to serve and protect the interests of its members, promote professionalism, and advance public awareness of the landscape industry. Also included among its approximately 3,200 members are landscape suppliers, landscape architects, public officials, educators, and students. More info at www.clca.org.
George Elliott, principal of Paradise Environments, has completed and achieved "Registered" status with the Society of Watershape Designers' (SWD) the proficiency and expertise designation awarded by the world-class Genesis Design Group. Previously known as the "Gold Member" status, this "Registered" status is the second highest ranking obtainable through the Genesis Design Group.
The Genesis 3 Design Group provides an international forum for continuing education and the establishment of higher standards in watershape design and construction. They have grown from a single school into a series of themed educational schools featuring international experts in various design and construction fields. Pool builders using their comprehensive training have the knowledge and tools to create cutting edge, sophisticated pool designs.
More information at: Genesis3
The Jandy “Pro-Edge” designation is reserved for a select few Jandy dealers who meet strict requirements for capability, reputation and customer satisfaction. Most Jandy equipment (pumps, filters, heaters, etc.) that is installed by an official Jandy Pro-Edge builder (such as PARADISE ENVIRONMENTS) receives a three year warranty instead of the normal one-year warranty.
Jandy® pool and spa products are designed to let you spend time enjoying your pool and spa, rather than maintaining it. From their award-winning control systems and pool and spa heaters to waterfalls, automatic cleaners, and more, Jandy® products offer the convenience, performance and advanced technology you demand.
More information about Jandy at http://www.jandy.com/en
(The Pesticide Applicators Professional Association)
The Pesticide Applicators Professional Association is a California non-profit, professional association designed to coordinate the educational activities of pest management applicators throughout California. The goal of PAPA is to provide Continuing Education to the industry, to help in the implementation of safe and effective pest control techniques.